The clear consensus from numerous experts is that getting the full team onboard with key communication skills has a very strong and positive impact on client happiness and patient compliance and health! Here are some of the most helpful insights.
- It’s About Time, The Client’s Perspective and The Power of a Question — Dr Amanda Donnelly.
Dr. Donnelly is a veterinary client communication consultant and member of Vet Partners organization of veterinary consultants. For years she has guided hospitals, clinics and groups on practice team management and using client communication to boost pet preventive care.
- Communication Strategies to Save Time, Support Teams, and Provide Better Care — Des Whittall.
Des is owner of 2 veterinary clinics in Texas and a frequent contributor to Practice Life. He continually provides very practical insights on practice and team management
- The Secret to Happy Clients — AVMA Veterinary Economics Division Staff.
AVMA survey results show that clients place a high priority on perceived value. Their guidance is that communication choices and skills matter the most in promoting client satisfaction and adherence for optimal patient health.
- 9 Communication Tips to Gain Client Compliance — Sarah Rumple.
Sarah is an award winning veterinary writer and editor for the AAHA and various publications on veterinary management issues and client communication. Here she identifies specific ways to boost client adoption of vet recommendations for patient health.
- Client Communication in a Post-Trust Era Requires a New Perspective –AVMA Melinda Larkin.
The AVMA presents insights from Michael Maslansky on ways communication styles and messaging can shape whether clients trust and accept the guidance they receive from vets about their pets health.
- Interactive Training Teaches Dos and Don’ts of Client Communication — AVMA.
The AVMA provides practical training specifically on the Language of Veterinary Care, that helps veterinary teams be more successful in improving compliance and enhancing patient health.
- Words Matter and Engaging Your Team — Partners for Healthy Pets (resources toolbox).
Established, industry-supported guidance on boosting the effectiveness of team client communication for promoting patient health.
Informing and communicating with clients about the importance and value of preventive care recommendation has a large influence on better patient health outcomes. It starts from the face-to-face communication of the entire vet team. And, this critical messaging is reinforced by emphasizing the importance of preventive care in the between-visit communication.